On October 30th, 2020, the Prime Minister issued Decision No.1701/QD-TTg approving the Adjustment of the General Planning on Construction of Dung Quat Economic Zone, Quang Ngai Province until 2035, with a vision to 2050.
Accordingly, the task of adjusting the general planning on construction of Dung Quat economic zone, Quang Ngai province to 2035, with a vision to 2050, has the following main contents:
Adjusting the general planning on construction of Dung Quat Economic Zone, Quang Ngai Province to 2035, with a vision to 2050
Scope of research:
The boundary of Dung Quat economic zone is limited to the Adjustment of the General Planning on Construction of Dung Quat Economic Zone, Quang Ngai Province until 2025 approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 124 / QD-TTg dated 20 January 2011, with an area of about 45,332 ha, including the areas of communes: Binh Dong, Binh Thanh, Binh Chanh, Binh Thuan, Binh Tri, Binh Hai, Binh Phuoc, Binh Hoa, Binh Tan Phu, Binh Duong, Binh Thanh, Binh Chau, Binh Thoi, Chau O town and a part of communes of Binh Nguyen, Binh Long, Binh Hiep, Binh Trung of Binh Son district; the whole area of Tinh Phong commune and a part of Tinh Tho commune of Son Tinh district, the whole area of Tinh Hoa and Tinh Ky communes of Quang Ngai city; the entire area of Ly Son island district and adjacent sea surface area:
+ To the East: is bounded by the East Sea.
+ To the West: is borded by the North-South railway.
+ To the South: has border with Quang Ngai city.
+ To the North: has border with Quang Nam province.
– To build Dung Quat economic zone in line with the national development strategy in general and Vietnam’s maritime development strategy in particular;
– To build Dung Quat economic zone into a dynamic, breakthrough, modern, efficient and sustainable economic development area; be worthy of the position of a driving economic center of the central key economic region and of the whole country; closely link economic development with security and national defense;
– To build Dung Quat economic zone into a multi-functional region; Petrochemical and energy refining center, heavy industry center, airport logistics center, seaport, tourism and service center of Quang Ngai province and of the central key economic region, associated with the construction of building and effectively exploiting Dung Quat seaport; a synchronous and modern system of technical – social infrastructure; architectural landscape space, a civilized and modern urban area, a sustainable environment and efficient land use;
– From now to 2025, completing an extremely favorable business and investment environment, deploy a number of important socio-economic infrastructure projects and attract domestic and foreign investors. After 2025, to develop synchronously in industry; service; commerce; finance; sociocultural development; tourist; to associate socio-economic development with security and defense. To invest in synchronous and modern development of infrastructure systems in urban centers that are environmentally friendly and high standards; towards a prosperous and sustainable coastal urban area;
– As a basis for developing subdivision planning, detailed planning, making construction investment projects in accordance with regulations and as a legal tool for Dung Quat Economic Zone and Quang Ngai Industrial Parks Authority and governments at all levels to manage and control construction investment activities as well as the development of the economic zone according to the approved planning.
– Is a multi-functional region included: Industry – trade – service – tourism – urban and agriculture, forestry and fishery. In which, the focus is on petrochemical industry, chemical industry and heavy industry with main industries: steel rolling, shipbuilding and other industries associated with the exploitation deep sea-port.
– It is an urban development area; national center for petrochemical refining and energy; an industrial, service and tourist center of the central key economic region.
– Being one of the important transportations, goods exchange and international exchange in the Central region and the Central Highlands.
– Has an important national defense position.
– By 2050, Dung Quat economic zone will be one of the coastal urban centers; a national multi-sector economic development center.
– By 2050, Dung Quat Economic Zone will take coastal urban landscape as the attraction and use developed infrastructure to promote marine economy, towards the prosperity.
Size of population and construction land:
– Size of population:
Current population (2018): About 195,111 people.
To 2025, projections of population growth: About 250,000 people.
To 2035, projections of population growth: About 350,000 – 400,000 people.
To 2050, projections of population growth: About 500,000 people.
– Land area
The land area for construction of Dung Quat economic zone is about 13,000 – 16,000 hectares, of which: Industrial land is about 6,000-7,000 hectares; land for the construction of tourism is about 3,000-4,000 ha, land for functional areas is about 4,000 – 5,000 ha.
The economic and technical indicators expected to apply:
For grade-II urban areas, criteria on social and technical infrastructure applied according to the requirements of current construction planning regulations and current construction planning regulations for other functional areas, considering specific factors.
Requirements and contents of the study:
– Assessment of natural conditions and current situation:
+ Analysis of natural conditions and regional features: Determining the characteristics of the entire region or sub-region in terms of climate, topography, geology, hydrology, seism; ability to exploit and use natural resources, natural landscape factors, systems of trees, water surface, etc.
+ Analysis and assessment of current land, population – labors, economic and technical facilities, spatial patterns, social infrastructure, technical infrastructure, environment and related social factors.
+ Evaluation of development investment status: Evaluation of projects receiving investment, advantages and disadvantages in project implementation; the situation of mobilizing and using capital sources for development investment; determine the structure of development investment capital sources in economic zones.
+ Analysis of development investment trends in Dung Quat Economic Zone in the new situation affecting economic structure and growth model of Dung Quat Economic Zone.
– Reviewing and evaluating the implementation of the master plan on construction of Dung Quat economic zone, Quang Ngai province up to 2025, approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No.124/QD-TTg dated January 20th 2011 (abbreviated as QH2011):
+ Reviewing and evaluating the implementation of QH2011 project in terms of: The status of construction of social infrastructure, technical infrastructure and urban sanitation; architectural space – landscape; land use; the role and effectiveness of public production and service facilities; infrastructure connection; environmental impact; implementation plan, implementation resources and investment efficiency; implementation of construction plannings, urban planning approved by competent authorities within Dung Quat economic zone.
+ Each content in the review and evaluation of the implementation of QH2011 project should be analyzed and evaluated the strengths, existing problems, shortcomings. Identifying causes of shortcomings that make investment attraction, construction and development of Dung Quat Economic Zone has not reached the set target yet; identify the adjusted contents that this planning needs solving.
– To analyze and evaluate the role, position, potential and motivation for the development:
+ Analyzing the development world’s trends, the country or the region affecting Dung Quat Economic Zone. Determinng the role and position of the economic zone in the central key economic region, the influence of the central key economic region, the central coastal region, etc. To analyze the mutual relationship between Dung Quat Economic Zone with Da Nang City, Hoi An, Quang Ngai and neighboring areas such as Chu Lai Open Economic Zone, Nhon Hoi, Chan May – Lang Co, etc, as well as with coastal areas of Vietnam. Determining potentials and main driving force for the development of economic zone; forecasting the socio-economic development, population, labor, the process of economic, labor and land restructuring, the change of the natural environment; forecasting of land use demand, size of functional areas; identifying technical and social infrastructure criteria applicable to each development stage of economic zones.
+ Analyze the effectiveness and spillover effects of the ongoing driving force projects.
+ Potential to exploit land fund for construction of functional areas in the economic zone. To concretize development forms of Dung Quat Economic Zone.
– To adjust the spatial development of economic zones to 2035:
+ Consider adjusting the development strategy and scale of functional as well as the appearance of new factors affecting the development of Dung Quat Economic Zone.
+ Identifying functional areas that need to be kept stable according to the General Plan on construction of Dung Quat Economic Zone, Quang Ngai province up to 2025, approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No.124/QD-TTg dated January 20 in 2011; identify functional areas that need to be adjusted and supplemented; identify the driving force areas of Dung Quat Economic Zone up to 2035 associated with associated linking corridors and ecological regions.
+ To build and develop a complete system of urban centers and urban areas suitable to the current administrative management scope of the district level in the economic zone (Binh Son district, Son Tinh district, Ly Son island district and citadel Quang Ngai street), in which the Van Tuong area is the central nucleus; Existing residential areas will have been renovated and upgraded; building synchronous technical infrastructure system and social infrastructure.
– To organize functional areas in economic zones to 2035:
+ Regarding the space development of industrial parks: On the basis of the industrial zones identified in the project QH2011, to focus on developing Western Dung Quat Industrial Park, Eastern Dung Quat Industrial Park, Tinh Phong Industrial Park (including existing Tinh Phong industrial park and VSIP Quang Ngai) and Binh Hoa – Binh Phuoc Industrial Park; considering, reviewing and adjusting the planning of Dung Quat II Industrial Park and Dung Quat II Port in line with the development strategy of Dung Quat Economic Zone in the coming time.
+ Regarding the space for seaport development and supporting service areas: To build and complete specialized ports and general ports in association with the development of the Logictics Center; boat mooring areas, storm shelter areas, harbor for fishing boats, logistics and tourism; etc.
+ Regarding tourism development – green space:
- To develop maritime and coastal tourism in association with existing areas, such as urban resort complexes in Van Tuong area, ecotourism area Thien Dang – Khe Hai, Ba Lang An tourist area, etc; to exploit the characteristics of the landscape, river ecology and culture in the area.
- To develop the systems of green trees, forming ecotones among industrial zones, urban centers and tourist areas; associating with the exploitation of Tra Bong river, Ca Ninh river, etc.
Regarding agricultural and forestry development: To develop agriculture in the model of high-tech and organical agriculture, linking with village spaces and rural residential areas. Zoning forest space for protection and development such as coastal protection forests and production forests. To build forests to maximize the advantages of the ecological landscape combined with tourism development. Planning on concentrated aquaculture areas in association with the local harbor system, wholesale markets, etc.
+ Regarding urban and rural development:
- Build and develop a complete system of urban areas in line with the current administrative scope of district level in the economic zone, in association with the renovation and embellishment of existing rural residential areas to address issues of accommodation, work, travel, entertainment and other needs of the people in the economic zone. Connect Dung Quat Economic Zone with Quang Ngai City, Chu Lai Open Economic Zone and surrounding areas.
- The development planning and urban organization must be in line with the requirements of the whole urban system development in Quang Ngai province, of the central key economic region, but considering the breakthrough development factor of the economic zone (In the future, there is a great demand for the workforce to serve in industrial zones and tourist resorts).
- Identify the criteria on population density, land use, suitable for each specific land use function.
+ To determine the boundaries of functional zones in Dung Quat economic zone, propose land use scale for each functional zone according to the selected subdivision structure. Reserve suitable land fund for functions of industry, seaport, urban area, tourism, service, resettlement, accommodation of workers and experts, transport routes and key technical infrastructure, etc.
+ To identify economic and technical norms related to construction and land use in each area; identify areas using underground space; short-term land use plans until 2025 and long-term until 2035. Reserve land for development in the future.
+ Determine the area of land that needs to be converted to land use purposes in order to adjust the planning, especially the conversion of rice land, forest land to land for urban development, industry, tourism, etc; land for industrial development into land for urban development and services; use of reclaimed land for development of functional areas (if any); compliance with land use planning of Quang Ngai province to 2020 and subsequent periods.
+ To develop a modern, attractive urban based on the landscape structure and natural ecology, especially the landscape of the coastal zone from Binh Hai to Binh Chau must be fully exploited.
+ To develop the structure of economic zones suitable to socio-cultural conditions, including upgrading, renovating and exploiting existing urban areas; enhance the exchange capacity and create the attraction of the tourist urban area through the public space system, squares, natural landscape.
+ To determine existing urban areas; area planned for new development; natural and artificial landscape areas; conservation area and special area.
+ To orientate the image of economic zones and architectural space according to the characteristics and development goals of each area.
+ To organize central areas, gateways, main spatial axes, large squares and highlights in economic zones.
+ Green tree space organization: Determining the green space of the economic zone, including green corridors, green belts, green buffer zones, parks or natural or artificial forests in urban areas; Green tree solutions in main spatial axes, urban areas.
+ Organization of water surface: Proposing regulations on conservation, exploitation and promotion of coastal water surface landscape, natural water surfaces and protection of ecological environment.
– The development orientation of the socio-economic infrastructure system and technical infrastructure:
+ Socio-economic infrastructure system:
+ Technical infrastructure system:
– Strategic environment assessment:
Identifying and forecasting environmental impacts caused by socio-economic development activities; delineate areas of nature protection, landscape areas, areas where construction is prohibited, conservation areas, etc, areas to protect clean water sources, waste water treatment, landfills, areas affected by smoke, dust and toxic gases, noise, etc. Proposing environmental protection solutions.
– Proposed priority projects and implementation resources:
+ Proposing priority investment projects to create a driving force for development, ensuring compliance with forecasted resources. Planning for the first-stage technical, social and environmental protection system. Proposing strategic projects, implementation method.
+ Proposing capital sources, determining investment capital scale for implementation of planning and analyzing the feasibility of each capital source.
+ To study the model of planning management and implementation, clearly defining the roles of each agency (Dung Quat Economic Zone and Quang Ngai Industrial Parks Authority, departments and local authorities) in planning management, construction investment and administrative management in the area within the Dung Quat Economic Zone.
– Other requirements:
+ Research to connect infrastructure (social infrastructure, technical infrastructure) Dung Quat economic zone with surrounding areas such as Chu Lai Open Economic Zone, Quang Ngai City, etc.
+ Expected results of the project; problems that cannot be solved in the framework of the project and propose solutions.
+ Other recommendations to central and local government.
+ Draft regulations on construction management according to planning scheme. Proposing mechanisms and policies to control the development of economic zones associated with security and defense.
+ Collect and evaluate the management and implementation of construction planning for functional subdivisions within Dung Quat economic zone, to study the management model and implementation of the planning, clearly define role of each agency and organization in planning management and administrative management in Dung Quat Economic Zone.
Agency:Copyright by the Dung Quat Economic Zone and Quang Ngai Industrial Parks Authority
Editor:Mr.Dam Minh Le - Vice Chairman
Address: Van Tương New urban area - Binh Son District - Quang Ngai Province
Tel: 0255.3645828 * Fax: 0255.3645828